The Hoboken Business Alliance proud to announce that the Summer Streets program, created to attract and engage residents and visitors to safely shop, dine, and enjoy Hoboken, is continuing to grow and expand!
The following programs will take place every Thursday and Friday evening in August, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.:
- Summer Streets Downtown by Hoboken Terminal on Newark Street from River Street to Hudson Street, Hudson Place from Hudson Street to River Street, and both River Street and Hudson Street from Hudson Place to Newark Street; Hudson Street will be open to traffic but no parking will be permitted
- Summer Streets Uptown 14th Street from Bloomfield Street to Hudson Street; open to pedestrians only
- Slow Streets Uptown Washington Street from 11th Street to 15th Street; parking and deliveries will be permitted on Washington Street with local traffic at 5 MPH
New, on Saturdays and Sundays in August, the HBA will work with businesses to expand their outdoor capacity during each of the City’s scheduled programs and street closures:
- Slow Streets Downtown Washington Street from 1st Street to 7th Street from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.; parking and deliveries will be permitted on Washington Street with local traffic at 5 MPH
- Downtown 1st Street from Washington Street to Garden Street will be open to pedestrians only from noon to 10 p.m., no parking will be permitted
- Downtown Waterfront on Sinatra Drive from Newark Street to 4th Street will be open to pedestrians only all day (weekdays will be closed to traffic and parking other than local deliveries at all times through October).
All attendees are instructed to adhere to social distancing and mask guidelines to stay safe, as well as call ahead for a reservation at any of the local establishments or restaurants, if possible, to avoid overcrowding.